- Bring bassinet up from the basement and wash all linens.Done.
- Dig through all little man's tubs of old clothes in the basement to find onesies/socks/anything unisex that can be used again. Wash said clothing.Done. Holy goodness we had a lot of white onesies. Also, I've realized that I need more sleep sacks. I'll add that below.
- Reorganize the new baby girl clothing in the nursery room dresser so that it is in some semblance of order based on sizes and functions (pj's versus outfits).Done. This also helped me to realize I didn't have a ton of 0-3 or 3 month clothing. My mom picked up a few things for us (love you mom!) and I'll go thrifting soon to see if I can find more.
- Pack hospital bag.
- Finish little man's toddler room. Secure dresser to wall, finish spray painting wicker baskets, finish painting oars, finish organizing book shelf, find picture frames and pictures for book shelf. Send out fabric for bunting flags and hang them when they are done. This one also is partially done. I think the only thing we have left to do is hang the flags once my lovely friend Heidi over at The Pajama Mama is finished doing all the amazingness that she does!
- Transition little man into said toddler room. In process, but he is doing amazing!
- Make and go to endocrinologist appointment.
(Oh, yeah, I didn't mention that yet? Yes, now my thyroid levels are off, so I get to meet with another specialist this pregnancy. Joy.)Done. No further comment, my head is still in the sand on this one.
- Meet with our doula.Done! Two meetings complete and more scheduled upcoming!
- Make freezer meals.
(Beth- I'm looking at you! Let's get a date picked out!)
- Stock up on groceries/pantry staples we'll need after the baby (such as milk for little man, snacks, bread to freeze, easy dinner options like macaroni & cheese, etc.).
- Buy a new video monitor for little man's toddler room. Done! New monitor up and installed. Thankfully, it was just in time for DH to hurt his back a few days later, and he ended up sleeping in the toddler room in a recliner for a few days, so I was able to have both my boys on a monitor! Lol.
- Wash boppy and boppy covers.Done! Now just to put the cover back on the pillow before it gets lost...
- Submit all required FMLA/STD paperwork. Finish all discharged charts, orient maternity leave coverage SLP to all of my clients. Finish getting all co-workers competencied on the Visi-Pitch equipment.
- Clean the carpets.
- Deep clean the heck out of the house.
-Stock up on all new baby basic need stuff that I used last time around, like breastmilk storage bags, newborn disposables for the hospital, Lansinoh soothing gel pads, etc.
- Finish all of the little baby proofing tasks we've been putting off because we're able to keep an eye on little man all the time now.
- Even if we can't get out for a real date, at least order in pizza one night and watch a few movies just DH and I after little man goes to bed.
- Put my feet up for like 10 minutes before this baby comes?
Here are some items I'm going to add to my list for the next check-in:
- Stock up on more sleep sacks.
- Stock up on more 0-3 and 3 month clothing.
- Finish purchasing Christmas gifts and wrap said gifts.
Okay, now I'm glad I updated, because we accomplished much more than I thought we had.
Thankfully, the other weekend DH also went out and did a ton of fall gardening and yard work so we'd be ahead on that front as well, AND we put up our Christmas tree yesterday!
Less than 35 days until my due date, we better get on this stuff!!!!