I've been tagged in a game of 'Eleven Things' by Miss Melinda over @ life with blog. If you haven't already seen Melinda's blog, you should head on over and check it out. She's got a great eye for photography and an adorable little at home as well!
The first rule of fight club is.... just kidding. But here are the rules:
1. Post the rules
2. Post a picture of yourself & 11 random things
3. Answer the questions set for you in the original post
4. Create 11 new questions and tag fellow bloggers to answer them
5. Go to their blog/twitter and tell them that you've tagged them
So here we go on the picture, this is the first picture of little man and I when he was born, and may be one of my favorite pictures of the two of us still.
Next, onto 11 random things about me.
1. I really really don't like wearing shoes or socks. As soon as I get home, my shoes and socks immediately come off.
2. I do like to travel, but I hate to fly. We drive a lot, which I think is actually a lot more fun.
3. When spring comes around, I have to have toenail polish on constantly. I don't like the look of my toes without polish.
4. I would rather be hanging out at home with DH and little man than doing just about any other thing in this world. I'm completely a home body.
5. I really dislike most kinds of meat and seafood. I always have, since I was very young. It's just something about the texture/taste. I can't handle it!
6. My favorite band has and likely always will be the Dave Matthews Band. I've loved them since I saw them live in 1997 for the first time, and been addicted ever since.
7. Whenever I have a big life change or a situation I'm having a hard time dealing with, I do something random and drastic to my hair. I've had short hair, long hair, layered hair, bangs, red hair, black hair, brown hair, the whole gamut. (I'm naturally blonde)
8. I am really close with my parents. If I don't talk to them at least every other day, one of us is calling saying, 'What have you been doing all this time, I missed you!' I'm so happy and thankful to have such a great relationship with them.
9. I thrive on a clean environment. If the house gets too messy or cluttered, I get very cranky or go on an all out cleaning spree. Having a clean, organized home instantly makes me feel better no matter what my problem is.
10. My favorite store is H&M. They have tons of really great clothes, and while sometimes my trips there are hit or miss with what I find, they always have really great deals.
11. If I had to have a perfect meal that I'd eat every day for the rest of my life, it would be an appetizer of hummus and veggies, a main course of quinoa, veggies, and edamame, and a brownie with peanut butter for dessert. I'm salivating just thinking of all the delciousness in one meal.
Questions from Melinda:
1. What is your favorite way to relax? Hands down it would be a warm soak in the tub for a half hour by myself :)
2. What is your favorite hobby? After planning and throwing little man's birthday party, I think I would have to say party planning. It was really fun and I think it went fairly well. Before that, I would have said decorating our home.
3. Pool or beach? Why? Beach. Nothing like soaking up the sun while listening to the waves crash in. Although I know my time at the beach now will more likely be building sandcastles while listening to happy giggles, which is pretty much even better!
4. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be? I'd probably live somewhere near DH's parents in North Carolina, but for me to live there my parents would have to come too :)
5. If you could have three wishes, what would they be? First I would want good health for my family members, and that would include a few of my family members no longer suffering chronic pain as well as the overall good health of my family. Second would be the ability to have more children. Not saying that isn't a possibility now, but it is never guaranteed. Thirdly, I'll be predictable and say unlimited money. That'd be nice too. ;)
6. How do you take your coffee/tea? I don't drink coffee but I typically take tea with either a little real sugar or some honey in it.
7. If you won a million dollars, what would you do with it? I'd immediately put 75% of it away in savings/investments. Then we'd pay off our home, our student loans, our cars. We would probably give some of it to our families for various things they need and then we'd probably give ourselves each a few thousand dollars to buy some fun stuff or renovate parts of our home.
8. If you could change something about your home, what would it be? It would make DH really happy if we were able to finish our basement, or have a third car garage. I'd love to have a fence out back, and maybe to replace our carpets or redo our kitchen in the future.
9. What is your favorite season and why? Fall, oh fall. Leaves changing, sweatshirt/sweater weather, pumpkin everything, apple cider. Yep, fall is certainly my favorite.
10. For what do you want to be remembered? I'd love to be remembered for being a good mama, wife, daughter, sister, friend. If I could do all that, I'd probably be pretty amazing.
11. How old were you when you last played on monkey bars? It has been quite a few years, I can't say to be exact, but it has at least been probably 15+ years.
Questions for those I am tagging:
1. What was your favorite children's book?
2. What is your dream job?
3. Where was the last place you went on vacation?
4. What did you/will you have for dinner tonight?
5. What is the best piece of advice you've received?
6. Have you ever gotten a speeding ticket? What's the story?
7. Are there any causes you strongly believe in?
8. What is your favorite song of the moment?
9. Who do you look up to the most?
10. Name one item in your home you could not live without. Why?
11. Where is your most happy memory?
I am tagging:
Nicole @ the kavanaugh report
Becca @ cassell- the next generation
Brianna @ sew, the thing is
Kim @ my life's stories
and Ashfield @ that's so pinteresting